Literacy Centers




I love using center games in my classroom. These activities are sure to help your students review phonics patterns and early reading skills while they think they're "just playing." It's a win win!!! My monthly literacy centers are great to use in your guided reading groups, intervention groups or for other students to do independently while you're working with a group.


I usually spend a couple of days introducing the games during our small guided reading group. Then when I feel confident that the students understand the procedure I let them work independently.
Here's a break down of what's included each month. There are 6 games in each month. Most games include a recording sheet and several have a color or black/white printing option so you can save ink if needed. The following games are included in each month: real vs nonsense words, sight words, phonics cover your letters, and phonics race game. The other 2 games vary each month depending on the skill (punctuation, verbs/nouns, syllables, rhyming, word families).


Each activity includes a cover page with directions. I glue the cover to a large mailing envelope and laminate it for durability and keep all the materials inside. The colorful seasonal clip art keeps my kiddos engaged! It's safe to say these games are one of my students FAVORITE things about our day!
Customer Review:
Great center activities. My kids love these centers and the fact that the games remain mostly the same each month is so helpful in routines for our centers. They can really concentrate on the skill and not so much the rules after a few months of these. Thank you!
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Phonics-Fun-CVC-CVC-E-Words-3284918
Check out the FREEBIE here!






QuickEdit
We Heart Teaching
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment